Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, where on the site or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify to prevent any fraudulent activity from occurring.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, debit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide our products, toys, and lubricants to you to fulfill our services, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, and our warehouse distributors for order fulfilment.
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, order information, email, phone number (if provided)
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Our customer support believes your information belongs to you and should be kept personal. We will not sell or distribute your information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18). We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. Our disclaimer is on our home page. We cannot stop a child from navigating our site and are not liable for any claims. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the email address below to request deletion. firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use a third party to power our online store. You can read more about how this third party uses your Personal Information HERE.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use some of your Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/. The links provided are not just for this one site, but for you and your previously visited sites.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfilling your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, prices, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
[INCLUDE ALL THAT APPLY TO YOUR BUSINESS]
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below. You may or may not receive a conformation email upon removal.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We DO engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data. You agree by using the site, but can OPT out at any given time upon your request. Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
Selling Personal Information
Our Site Does Not sell Personal Information, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Your privacy is important to us.
- We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfilling your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, prices, and offers if applied.
- Your information will not be used for anything that has not been specified on this page to fulfil your order.
- Information collected is done by the customer (you) and can be removed upon request.
On January 1st 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) entered into application and broadly expands the rights of California consumers and requires companies within scope to be significantly more transparent about how they collect, use and disclose personal information. Enforcement of the law is slated to begin not later than 1 July 2020.
- Your information is yours, we like to keep it that way!
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below
Send an email to email@example.com for instructions to access, correct, apply for a NEW account, or the erasure of your information completely.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit a Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies that are used are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
How to manage, control and delete these technologies
Internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the 'Help' option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you will need to delete your cookies using your internet browser settings. You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how information in shared with third parties. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
More information about cookies
- Useful information about cookies, including information about deleting or blocking cookies, can be found at: https://www.allaboutcookies.org
- A guide to behavioral advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at: https://www.youronlinechoices.com
- The UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) cookie guide can be found on the ICO website: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/online/cookies/
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, Shopify does not alter the data collection and usage practices when Shopify detects such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by filling out the form below or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: Monday, February 14th 2021 (02/14/2021)
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to request complete removal of your account and/or come to a conclusion with the business owner.